Thanks to its high concentration of nitrates, beet juice helps us improve the power and muscular strength of the heart while relaxing the blood vessels.
In this article we want to tell you about the great benefits of beet juice. It is rich in antioxidants, nitrates and contains multiple vitamins. Therefore, it becomes an essential food that we should not do without.
Also, thanks to recent research, we know that the benefits of beet juice are greater than we expected. Also, it increases health and muscle strength in patients who have suffered from a heart problem. Great news that we want to share with you.
Beet juice to strengthen our hearts
The news was published in the magazine. The work was carried out at the University of Washington (United States). Dr. Linda R. Peterson, was hopeful about the results obtained:
- The study used as experimental subjects a series of patients suffering from various coronary diseases, especially people who had just overcome a myocardial infarction.
- In the tests they were offered a glass of concentrated beet juice. Undiluted, just the blended vegetable.
- The effect was almost immediate. At two hours the patients showed a 13% increase in power in their muscles.
- They were capable of moderate or even high intensity activities. An example of this was climbing stairs. As you already know, one of the most expensive activities for those with this ailment is to perform this common exercise, which involves exercising the heart and leg muscles.
The role of nitric oxide
- Dr. Linda R. Peterson took as a starting point the fact that many elite athletes consume beet juice to enhance their activity. So why not try it in patients suffering from a heart condition?
- In view of the good results, it is deduced that beet juice improves the power and muscular strength of the heart thanks to its high concentration of nitrates.
- Nitrates are converted by the body into nitric oxide. This element helps us to increase metabolism and the volume of blood vessels. So, you don’t just burn more fat; is that the blood circulates better.
- We can find nitrate in both beets and spinach or any green leafy vegetable.
- The study was carried out in a small group of people, but the researchers plan to put it into practice in a much larger sample.
If we have any heart ailments, what are the benefits of beet juice?
According to the authors of this same study, consuming beet juice every day can help us have a better quality of life. Now, you have to take into account some basic aspects:
- Beet juice will not give us strength throughout the day to perform high intensity activities. Absolutely.
- This natural remedy offers us a limited and fair help, that is, after two hours we will notice an increase in energy and resistance. We can climb stairs, carry shopping bags, take a little walk.
They are, in essence, common activities that sometimes after suffering a heart attack we cannot perform in the same way or, simply, we cannot. Let’s say that beet juice acts as a very useful energy and invigorating remedy for day to day.
Also indicate that it is not only suitable for patients with heart problems. It will also be very useful to those people who suffer from periods of weakness, who are convalescing or who are currently undergoing chemotherapy treatment.
Other benefits of beets
Aging with health, another of the benefits of beet juice
As we get older, we gain experience, but lose some health. One fact that we cannot forget is that the muscles become weaker and that we have less strength. The simple fact of taking a natural beet juice every day can help us to strengthen them, to have that daily energy that would allow us to have a better quality of life.
A natural source of antioxidants
Have you noticed its color? A deep crimson red, with a fresh earth flavor. All this already gives us clear clues about its benefits and its high antioxidant content:
- These antioxidants strengthen our tissues and fight against free radicals.
- We avoid premature aging.
- We obtain adequate protection against various types of cancer.
- We strengthen the immune system.
Beets are rich in iron and vitamin C
What does this mean? That beets are going to be very useful in case we suffer from anemia. And even more, given its richness in vitamin C we manage to optimize from liver function, kidney function, we fight against bad cholesterol or LDL…
Given these data, we should not doubt it. Regular consumption of beet juice will allow us to enjoy a better quality of life, whether we are healthy, or if we have just suffered from a heart problem. Take care of your health with the always tasty beets.